- 1 box of Roma Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 500ml of warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 300g of mozzarella slices
- 300g of ham, cut into little pieces
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- Pour the olive oil into a pan to brown the onion and garlic.
- Add in all tomatoes and tomato paste. Then add salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in another pan, add the flour, and stir. Then add the milk and stir to avoid lumps. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix and set aside.
- Spread some of the white sauce at the bottom of a casserole and build the lasagna. First a layer of cheese, ham, and tomato sauce; then a layer of lasagna sheets. Repeat the layers alternating the red sauce and the white sauce. Finish with a layer of white sauce and cover it with parmesan.
Bake for 1 hour at 180° C until the cheese is browned.